Sunday, April 4, 2010

Seedlings



Set up a planting rack on in the sun-trap near the back door this afternoon. Have planted quite a lot out today:

  1. Second tranche of peas to follow those set out 2 weeks ago - in small pots
  2. Black eyed beans - these were left over sprouts that we past their best for eating so I popped a few into some small pots to see if they grow. I have no idea whether they are a climber or ground bean. Will have to wiki it.
  3. French Runners - first crop. Planted into bigger pots so I can delay planting these out if we get late frosts
  4. African Marigolds - two tub trays with 2 seeds in each. These will be to plant amongst the legumes to hold back the snails and slugs, I also have some French Marigolds which will need planting out later.
  5. Livingstone mixed Daisy - in a tray, these will add some summer colour to the allotment
  6. Italian Beans (from N-PG - need to remember to ask him to check the pack as not Bortolli as I have written on the envelope)
  7. Butternut - these seeds were harvested from a supermarket fruit. I dug the seeds out, washed them and then dried them laid out flat on a plate. Then popped them in an envelope.
  8. Pumpkin - these seeds were also taken from a supermarket plant- harvested after halloween. I'm going to see if I can plant them on the compost heap.

No comments:

Post a Comment